Iraca - Sandoná
- Crafted with utmost care, this piece is carefully hand-woven using Iraca Palm Fibers sourced
- from Sandoná, nestled in the heart of Nariño.
- In a tradition woven into the fabric of this community, men undertake the night-time
- gathering of the precious Iraca during the waning moon, selecting the perfect hue and delicat fineness.
- Once cleansed, washed, and occasionally dyed, women take up the art of the hand-weaving
- within the confines of their homes of family workshops.
- Seeds, leaves, branches, walnut, black cedar, and minerals serve as the source of dyes, rendering
- an extensive array of captivating colors.
- Variations in shape, color, and texture are due to the nature of the artisanal materials and
- techniques used throughout the process.
To preserve the shape and quality of this piece avoid contact with water, perfume and any chemical.