Privacy and Cookies
At Johanna Ortiz Zona Franca LLC, with registered address at 255 Alambra Sircle street 500, Coral Gables, Fl 33134, (Colombia), identified with Tax Identification Number 38-4230847 (“JOZF” or the “Company”), we take seriously the protection of personal data. We undertake to make responsible use of personal data, to protect the privacy of those who entrusted us with their personal data. This Privacy Notice refers to the use and access of www.johannaortiz.com.
Therefore, your privacy is very important to us and we strive to protect it. In order to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Website, Company processes, collects and might reveal information of users and visitors. This Privacy Notice describes the information Company collects and deals with about you and what it can do with that information.
This Privacy Notice is an integral part of the Terms and Conditions. Giving your express and informed consent to process personal data as per this Privacy Notice is an essential requirement to be able to contract and/or have any type of relationship with the Company. You are not obliged to give your consent nevertheless and can desist of using or accessing the Website.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
The data controller is the entity or person who decides about the processing of personal data. To do this, it determines the purposes or uses for which the personal data will be used and the means that will be used for that processing (see Section 3 "What will the Personal data be used for?").
Company is responsible for the processing of user and visitor data relating to use and access of the Website and related domains.
2. What information do we collect and process?Company collects your personal data so that you can enjoy our services and be able to improve them continuously relating to use and access of the Website.
In some cases, the information (including personal data) is provided by yourself, by registering or by providing information when you use or access the Website. Also, we collect them automatically when you use or access the Website. We may also collect information about you from other reliable sources.
We want you to know that you do not have the obligation to provide us with personal data shown below, however, this is an essential requirement to be able to contract and / or have any type of relationship with the Company and, if you do not provide this information, do not we may provide our services to you or our ability to do so may be significantly hampered. The inaccuracy or falsity of the personal data that you provide could cause the suspension of use and access to the Website.
Likewise, we may suspend or permanently disable those users who violate this Privacy Notice.These are the types of data we collect:
- Information that you provide us directly when registering or using our services:
- Valid ID or document number.
- Contact information (such as phone number, address, email address).
- Payment method (excluding banking details and other transactional personal data).
- Transactional history (purchases, payments, returns, questions, billing and tax information, password or user identification of your digital account).
- Information we process automatically regarding the Use and Access of the Website
- Information on the devices or computers from which you access the Website and other automatically captured data (such as the type or version of the browser or operating system, settings and parameters).
- Internet IP address that you use when connecting to our services or when browsing our websites.
- Transactional history via the Website (purchases, payments, returns, questions, billing and tax information, password or user identification of your digital account)
- Information about your location, which can be used to offer you discounts, adjust currency, shipping fees, among others.
- If you did not register or access through your account, Company will only collect and store, in addition to the information indicated in this point, your phone numbers and your e-mail address.
3. What do we do with Personal data?The collection and processing of your Personal data allows us to provide you with an excellent service better adapted to your needs. This is what we do with your personal data:
- Identify and contact you.
- Verify your identity in compliance with legal requirements.
- Provide you with the products and / or benefits that you request or contract with us.
- Prepare and maintain a record of the transactions that you carry out, as well as inform you about them and give them corresponding follow-up.
- Attend to your request, complaints and suggestions, as well as provide you with support.
- Judicial and / or extrajudicial collection.
- Coordinate the delivery of products advertised and sold on the Website.
- Offer you services and functionalities that best suit your needs and personalize our services to make your experiences with the Website as comfortable as possible.
- Develop internal studies on your interests and behaviors, to offer you better products, as well as carry out statistical studies.
- Create profiles by analyzing various variables, such as behavior or interactions within the platform, analysis and prediction of economic capacity, preferences, interests, transaction history, behavior and location, among others, to improve our commercial initiatives and promotional, show advertising or promotions, and banners of interest.
- Improve our commercial and promotional initiatives and analyze the pages visited, the searches carried out by users, to improve our offer of content and articles, personalize said content, its presentation and services.
- Provide you with information through different channels communication channels (by email, push messages, phone calls or any other means).
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse and related crimes to protect the safety of our users and the sustainability of the platforms.
- Protect the rights of users, third parties or those of the Company.
The use of your data for any other purpose that is not compatible with those detailed, will be communicated to you before we proceed with its treatment. Company will keep your Personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected.
4. How do we share Personal data?Safeguarding your privacy is very important for us. Therefore, we do not sell or market information that identifies users. We also do not share or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties, except as indicated below:
The Company may assign, transmit and / or transfer personal data to:
- Business partners: companies with financial or commercial activities with which Company has a collaboration or alliance relationship, in order to offer you promotions, products and services of said companies. In these cases, we will always ensure that confidentiality and security standards are met, by signing agreements whose purpose is the privacy of our users' personal data and compliance with applicable legislation.
- Service Providers: service providers are third parties that we hire to provide a service following our instructions and in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice, such as: (a) transport, courier and shipping companies, to deliver the products you purchased, (b) means of payment, intermediaries in the management of payments or insurance, to obtain payment for the services or products contracted, as well as to provide you with protection regarding the products purchased, (c) computer systems providers, cloud service providers, database providers, and technology service providers in general, (d) advertising or marketing agencies and (e) data analysis. These service providers only access the information (including personal data) strictly necessary to provide the agreed services and cannot use them for purposes other than those entrusted to them by the Company.
- Affiliates: companies that belong to our corporate group, which operate under our same internal processes and policies, whether they are companies controlled, controlled or affiliated with the Company, to comply with our internal regulations, prevent fraud, manage risks and facilitate the management of the Website.
- Public authorities: the administrative and judicial authorities that, in the exercise of their competence, require information, even if there is no order or an executive or judicial summons to that effect, for the purpose of: (a) collaborating in the investigation and reporting fraud, (b) safeguarding a public interest, judicial proceedings, administrative proceedings and / or the resolution of controversies, and (c) comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal provision, or any mandate from a duly founded and motivated competent authority.
5. International Data Transfer
Access and use of the Website require the support of a technological infrastructure, such as servers and cloud services, which may be owned or provided by third parties. Part of that infrastructure may be established in a country other than yours. It may also happen that the recipients of the personal data indicated above in the section are in a different country.
The countries receiving the data we transfer may not offer adequate levels of protection of personal data, in accordance with applicable regulations.
In these cases, the Company adopts measures to protect your data, through contractual clauses or binding corporate regulations that impose the same protection measures as those described in this Privacy Notice, and your express and informed consent.
6. For how long are we going to store personal data?
We will only store personal data for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with regulatory or legal requirements, or during the statutory limitation period of possible legal or contractual liability.
Once the period is over, the data will be deleted or anonymized in such a way that no person can be individualized, as allowed by the regulations of each country.
7. Automated decisions and profiling
In order to offer a better experience in the use and access of the Website, we may use tools that help us to be more efficient through techniques known as "artificial intelligence", "machine learning" or "Big Data", such as fraud prevention, personalization services and advertising or automated cybersecurity mechanisms. Automated decisions are those that are made based on the use of algorithms and computer programs, without any human being involved in the decision-making process.
Profiling is the evaluation of some personal aspects, such as your interests, preferences, behaviors or location, which is carried out by automated processing of personal data with statistical procedures. As a consequence of this treatment, we could send you personalized communications, or show them within our platforms, which we believe may be of interest to you.
You have the right to request that a decision based on automated data processing be reviewed.
8. Privacy and security settings
We will do everything in our power to protect the privacy of your personal data. The user will be responsible for all acts that take place through the use of their username and password. If for any reason you believe that someone may know your password, you are advised to change it by entering it from the navigation menu at https://www.johannaortiz.com/account/login.
Access and use of the Website are only available to those who have the legal capacity to contract in accordance with the applicable regulations. Therefore, if you do not meet this condition, you should not provide your personal data. If we have information of the latter, we will immediately block the user and delete all personal data thereof.
10. Links to other Websites
In the Website, the Company may include links to third-party websites, which does not indicate that they are owned or operated by the Company. It is clarified that the processing of personal data made by the third parties responsible for the aforementioned websites is not covered by this Privacy Notice. Likewise, you acknowledge and accept that the Company has no control over such websites and is not and will not be responsible for the content or services provided by such sites, or for the way in which they process your Personal data, for which you enter to such websites at your own risk.
11. How can you exercise your rights to control your personal data?
The applicable regulations grant you certain rights over your personal data, such as: (i) access; (ii) update; (iii) rectification; (iv) deletion; (v) revocation of consent; and (vi) confidentiality. You will be able to make any query, claim and / or request related to your Personal data by contacting the Company through the contact information https://www.johannaortiz.com/pages/returns-cancellations-and-customer-support.
In certain cases, we will keep in our files your personal data that you have asked us to delete to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or when there is a contractual or legal duty to maintain your personal data. Once this purpose has been fulfilled or the contractual or legal duty has been eliminated, we will proceed to delete your personal data.
Also remember you have the right to (i) request proof of the authorization granted to the responsible for the processing except when expressly excepted as a requirement for the treatment, (ii) be informed by the data controller, upon request, regarding the use that has been given to your personal data and (iii) submit complaints to the authority for non-compliance with data protection regulations.
Without prejudice to the provisions of the Privacy Notice, you can also make inquiries and / or exercise the rights of access, rectification and deletion of your personal data by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Atn .: Johanna Ortiz Zona Franca S.A.S.
12. Advertising, Cookies and Other Technologies
The user expressly acknowledges and accepts that Company may use a behavior monitoring system through the use of "cookies", "web beacons" and / or other similar monitoring technologies.
These technologies are used in order to know the interests and behavior of those who visit or are users of our website and, in this way, give them a better service or provide them with related information. We also use the information obtained through cookies to analyze the pages browsed by the visitor or user, the searches carried out, improve our commercial and promotional initiatives, display advertising or promotions, banners of interest, news about the Company, improve our content offer and articles, personalize said content, presentation and services, as well as promote and enforce the rules and security of the site; We also use them so that the user does not have to enter their password so frequently during a browsing session, also to count and corroborate registrations, user activity and other concepts for commercial agreements, always with the objective of installing the cookies, the benefit of the user who receives them, and which will not be used for purposes unrelated to the Company. We also store cookies to be able to offer a more interactive experience on the site, based on user actions.
Your personal data obtained through these technologies will not be transferred to third parties in a way other than those described in this Privacy Notice.
You should know that storage, permanence and existence of cookies on your computer or device depends on your exclusive will and they can be eliminated when you wish. To know how to remove cookies from the system, it is necessary to review the help section of the browser. Therefore, you can at any time delete stored cookies, configure the browser to request approval before storing cookies or directly prevent cookies from being stored. This procedure is performed differently in different browsers and must be performed in each browser that you use. Below we put at your disposal the different procedures to handle this configuration in the most used browsers:
If you disable cookies, you must bear in mind that you may not be able to use and enjoy all the functionalities that the Website offers.
13. Storage of Personal Data
Company complies with the regulations and industry standards regarding security measures applicable to your personal data.
Company is not responsible for illegal interceptions or violation of its systems or databases, or for their use by unauthorized persons. Company is not responsible for the improper use of the information obtained by these means.
14. Changes to the Privacy Notice
If the Company makes changes in the way persona data is managed, we will notify users through our usual channels, such as email or messages through applications. In the terms allowed by the regulations of each country, in the case of users who do not accept these new terms, the contractual link with the Company will be dissolved and the personal data of said user will not be used in any other way than that which was informed to the time to collect.
15. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Privacy Notice will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Colombia. In the event of any controversy or divergence related to the interpretation, validity, execution or fulfillment of the same, you and the Company declare that they submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of the city of Cali, Colombia, expressly renouncing any other jurisdiction.
What are cookies?
Cookies are activity files that allow Johanna Ortiz Zona Franca S.A.S. (the “Company”) to learn about the activity you undertake as a user regarding use and access of the Website. The purpose of these files is to establish metrics regarding use and the most visited content (user experience).
What type of cookies exist?
Cookies can be classified as the following types:
By the user of the cookies
- Own cookies: These are cookies that are stored on the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor (the Company, in this case) and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are cookies that are stored on the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by a different entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
By the life cycle of the cookies
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website, therefore nothing is registered on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic on the website. In the long-term, this allows us to improve the experience, content and ease of use.
- Permanent cookies: These are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them each time you visit a w A permanent cookie has a specified expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. We use them, in general, to facilitate the purchase and registration services.
By the purpose of the cookies
- Technical cookies: These permit the user to browse through a website, platform or application and to use the various options or services that exist on the same. For example: controlling data communication and traffic, identifying the session, access areas of restricted access, remembering the elements that form part of an order, completing the purchase process for an order, making a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the distribution of videos or sound or sharing content on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: These permit the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria on the user's device such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional service from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These permit the manager of the same to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the website, application or platform and to elaborate browsing profiles for the users of said websites, applications and platforms in order to introduce improvements depending on the analysis of usage data by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These allow management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, when applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which they provide the service requested based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the ads are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These permit management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, when applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which they provide the service requested. These cookies store information on the behaviour of the users obtained through continued observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to show advertising based on the same. It is also possible that upon visiting a website or opening an email that contains an advertisement or promotion for our products or services, a cookie may be installed on your browser to allow us to later show you advertising related to the search made, to develop control of our advertisements regarding, for example, the number of times they have been viewed, the time they are viewed at, etc.
Finally, we inform you that social media websites also collect information relative to the content that you share through their own cookies. The Company has absolutely no control over activity on social media. However, we remind you that they all have their own privacy and cookie policies. As an example, here are links to the legal documents for social media websites for which we facilitate sharing of our content through buttons, so that you can read them if you wish:
- Cookies policy: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Cookies policy: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
If you wish, you can turn off our own cookies. However, if you do so, it is possible that some functionalities may not work correctly or the browsing may be more difficult.
- If you use Google Chrome, access the option “Clear browsing data” through the “History” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
- If you use Firefox, access the option “Clear history” through the “History” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
- If you use Internet Explorer, access the option “Delete browsing history” through the “Tools” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
- If you use the Android Chrome browser, access the option “Security and privacy” through the “Settings” menu. A menu will appear where you can decide which information to delete, including cookies.
How to deactivate cookies before browsing on our Websites?
You can set up your computer or device not to store our cookies. Here is how to do it:
- If you use Google Chrome, access the “Customise and control Google Chrome” (normally in the upper right corner, next to the address bar), click on the “Show advanced options” link and select “Content configuration”. You will see the options available for cookies.
- If you use Firefox, access the “Tools” menu (normally on the menu bar, right above the address bar), click on “Options” and select the “Privacy” tab. You will see the options available.
- If you use Internet Explorer, access the “Tools” menu (normally in the upper right corner, to the right of the browsing tabs), click on the “Internet options” option and, in the menu that appears, select the “Security” tab. You can choose one of the security levels pre-established by Microsoft or customise your own security level.
Modification of the cookies policy
Company may unilaterally modify the Cookies Policy in the case that there is a change in valid legislation, jurisprudential doctrine or internal criteria. Any change made to this policy will be published at this same address.